One thing I wish my husband and I did more often, but rarely fit into our schedule, is date nights. About once every other month or so, we leave the kids with a sitter and get out of the house. It makes every other day of the week so much more enjoyable, having somebody else cook ME dinner and getting to skip the never-ending bedtime routine. So here is my list of top five date night locations in and around Phoenix. And please, please, please use the comment section below to list YOUR favorite date night places. We love to try new restaurants!!
1) Cowboy Ciao in Old Town Scottsdale is my very favorite restaurant to go to for my birthday or anniversary. Their Stetson Chopped Salad is so ridiculously good; I have had dreams about this salad. Our very own SMB co-founder, Steph, recently blogged about her recipe based on this very salad. Check it out to try at home.
2) Mastro’s Ocean Club is the best for their Spicy Mambo Salad and the “to die for” Mastro’s Signature Warm Butter Cake. This is another special occasion place for us, but it is so good when we can get there!
3) Black Chile Mexican Grill at the Biltmore Mall is a great restaurant to try when we are in the mood for some spice and (of course) margaritas!
4) The Melting Pot is another one that we like to go to. It is very romantic to have a private booth perfect for two and not much can beat chocolate fondue available in a multitude of flavors.
5) Tutti Santi is our pick for Italian food. You might pass it by and never know that a great, authentic Italian restaurant is hidden in a strip mall on the corner of 64th Street and Greenway Road, but it is very nice inside, with wonderful food and a romantic atmosphere.
No matter where we go to eat, I love to stop at a Valley resort on the way home for a drink. Sometimes we need to stretch out our night on the town, even just to ensure the kids have been put to bed before we get home. Plus it makes me feel like I am on vacation, even if just for a moment. The Westin Kierland Resort is one of our most frequented stops. The hotel bar has free shuffle board and billiards. Also, few things can beat sitting by their outdoor fire pit enjoying our fabulous Arizona weather.